Check Voltage on VGA and DIMM.

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Nedreplan, May 22, 2003.

1. Nedreplan

Nedreplan Guest

Is there any good program out there which I can use to see how much volt is used by my GeForce4 and my PC2100?

It will not show under my BIOS-settings, only that I can tweak them, and how much I can tweak the voltage. But before I do so, if it is needed, I'd like to see what they are running on now. I'd like to give them what they need. :)

And ... what is the best voltage to run a GeForce 4 Ti 4200, and PC2100 on?

Cheers!!
    :D

2. Zedric

Zedric NTFS Guru Folding Team

Standard. :)

The voltage only needs to be increased if you O/C since a higher frequency may need a higher voltage for the signal flanks to be steep enough.

O/C takes more juice to of course, but I'm not sure that's the main reason.

So just increasing voltage won't do you any good.

3. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

most times you can view the voltage by going into the BIOS or by using motherboard monitoring software...

as for oc'ing... systems react different to oc;'ing hence there is no real 'set' figures for what the voltages should run @...

4. Shamus MacNoob

Shamus MacNoob Moderator Political User

If you look in my sig you can see I run at 1.6 volts but the only reason I do is because I am overclocked and I need 1.6 to stay stable ...it was 1.5 by default and I added .025 volts at a time testing until I hit my mark when you add voltage you cause the cpu to heat up and of course because I overclock and am not using standard heatsink and fan , I did not add anything to the AGP volts only to my VCORE ... by default the vAGP on mine is 1.55 volts and I dont need to add to that to acheive my overclock

The only thing I did with the ram was lower the timings again only to be able to increase the FSB from 133@152 causing the default 266mhz to run at 304mhz

unless your planning on overclocking as stated above there is no reason to play with the voltage on anything ...:D

5. Nedreplan

Nedreplan Guest

Thanks to you all!

Well, that answers my question. :)

I checked and the AGP slot is on 1.54 volt, and the the DIMM is on 2.54 volt. So, I guess that makes it alright.

Thanks again! :D