check this out!...no more downloading for me =[

na...me and shaw are best buds now. :D mind you i wouln't turn my back on them. but all is good.

oDin.

Did you read this section before signing with them Odin?
Or was it one of those that only gives you that 'usage' links after you sign?

(Excerpt from Odin's original url link...edited for space)
8. Bandwidth, Data Storage and Other Limitation

You must comply with ..blah blah.. nor represent (in the sole judgement of Shaw) an unusually large burden on the network itself, such as, but not limited to, peer to peer file sharing programs, serving streaming video or audio, mail, http, ftp, irc, dhcp servers, and multi-user interactive forums. The guidelines for Bandwidth Usage/month for each business service package are the following:
>>>SOHO - 6 GigaByte download/2 GigaByte upload;<<<<
Professional - 8 GigaByte download/3 GigaByte upload; Business - 14 GigaByte downl.. blah blah...Shaw reserves the right to set specific limits for Bandwidth Usage and charge for excessive Bandwidth Usage for residential Services at any time...blah blah
The residential Shaw Services are designed for personal Internet use. You may not use the residential Shaw Services for...blah blah... Examples of prohibited servers and services include, but are not limited to, mail, http, ftp, irc, dhcp servers, and multi-user interactive forums. Some...blah blah (End)

Man, you got a 6Gig d/l limit, I only got 5, but at least when I get close, they still dont bother me.

Seems to me that you can hit 6Gig and there is nothing they can do.

GraLk

well... how much better would the business plan really be......? i mean.... if i had they money, i'd pay fer it, cause rogers cable truely sucks garbage now, fer me, the upload speed is complete garbage.....

6 Gig/month? That's really low. A friend of mine recently bought a new 120 Gig drive (WD). The first week he averaged about 2 Gig/day. No complaints yet. :)

ISP: Bostream ADSL

What a lame company.
One other thing:
i would switch to telus xdsl but, i live to far away to get good speeds. where as with cable, i am the only one in my node. thats why i get such good speeds.

If you are the only one on your node, then why in the hell are they writing to you? I mean if you are the only one on the node, then how can the performance of other customer's service decrease?

Just wondering about that...

And on another note, if they sent me that note, i would tell them that you send your family and friends digital home videos of family events, so that they can share in your life... or some other BS story, and tell them to shove it when it comes to that business service, ha business service for a residential customer... what a load.
BB

Originally posted by Big Booger
What a lame company.
One other thing:

If you are the only one on your node, then why in the hell are they writing to you? I mean if you are the only one on the node, then how can the performance of other customer's service decrease?

they are writing to me because i have been using more than my allotted amount of bandwidth. it has nothing to do with how many people are on my node....basically the way cable internet works is as follows...there is a preset amount of bandwidth available. the more people that are connected means that your share of that bandwidth is less. if one person is using up more than his share that affects everyone else down the line. i know in my case this sounds retarded. seeing as there is nobody to share the bandwidth with. unfortunately those are the rules. no more cs server for me. bummer!

oDin.

limits suck... simple as that.. whatever happened to unlimited services...

I am on an unlimited ADSL 8Mbit/1.5mbit connection, and I am very pleased. Last month I upped around 90Gigs, and downed around 60gigs.

very nice.
BB

lol
gigs.... hrm
/me has dial up :p
/me live in country
/me has no access to high speed internet
.. cept 128 - 512k wireless, but that's from like $200 - $500 a month..
heh
hrm..
go modem GO!!
o... and only 1 phone line... very sad i know...

unlimited would be nice. but then again so would winning the lottery. to bad they will never happen.

oDin.

Originally posted by Big Booger
Well i guess I have just been away for too long, as I pay around $30.00 per month for unlimited usage...
BB

Nobody has unlimited usage with a $30 buck a month account, not even business accounts have unlimited usage.

cool.gif

Originally posted by MiseryQv2.1

More important,,, how did they monitor your bandwidth?!? Is there something in the cable system that lets them do that?!? Or did you install THEIR cd and have it install a monitoring program?!?

I have over 24 SITES on my server,,, 2 forums,,, 3 chats,,, E-mail,,, UT,,, run Kazaa,, WinMX or e-donkey as needed and have never had any problems with my ISP,,, DSL,,, coming down on me...

It couldn't be any easier to monitor bandwidth and track every packet as far as where it comes from and where it's going from your IP address. This doesn't require any software on your end at all.

Nobody has unlimited usage with a $30 buck a month account, not even business accounts have unlimited usage

YOu obviously don't know what you are talking about...

I live in Japan, My ISP is NTT, on the FLETS UNLIMITED PLAN..
It is unlimited... sorry bud, but you are wrong.
http://www.ntt-east.co.jp/flets/adsl/index.html

Hope you can read Japanese...
and that says 2300-3200 YEN roughly 20-30 dollars US funds.
Thanks
BB

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back