Cheap Webhost that Supports ColdFusion MX

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by AfTheRock, Mar 4, 2003.

1. AfTheRock

AfTheRock Guest

Does anyone know where I ca find a cheap UK webhost that supports ColdFusion MX, and has quite abit of Webspace, like 50MB or more.

I have been searching for a few days, and cant seem to find a good deal, most of them are either American, and British, or are too Expensive for a beginer Web Designer like me. Should be under £300 per annum at the most.

2. syn

syn long live xp0!

check out surpasshosting.com

3. X-Istence

X-Istence * Political User

Do note that coldfusion is hardly used anymore on sites these days, most now either support ASP ( Windows ), or PHP/Perl ( Unix ).

4. AfTheRock

AfTheRock Guest

syn, thanks for the host.

X-Istence, you seem to know more about this kind of stuff than me, so how would you exactly create a your own Content Managent System, using ASP for Windows or PHP/Perl for Unix. Is there any tool to simplify this, or would you have to do it all manulally. Also, do you know any sites where I can find tutorials in creating a CMS using the ASP, PHP or Perl.

Thanks

5. Geffy

Geffy Moderator Folding Team

6. AfTheRock

AfTheRock Guest

Thanks for you help

I'll try these sites out.

BTW: Geffy, your from Manchester, so am I, and should be starting UMIST this year, if I get the results I need.

7. aswettla

aswettla Guest

use php

8. Geffy

Re: Thanks for you help

Cool what you planning on doing?
    Good luck with the exams :)

9. AfTheRock

AfTheRock Guest

Re: Re: Thanks for you help

Should be doing Computation, and then a Business degree after that, and might take one of them into PHD level, if I like them.

But I need very good results, atleast a BBC, so thanks for your luck.

10. Geffy

I am doing a Masters in Mechatronic Engineering, I needed BBC to get in as well, but I got BCC. But mine is an under-subscribed course, I dunno about yours.