Cheap Apple Mac Hardware (UK) ???

Discussion in 'Macintosh' started by SPeedY_B, Nov 16, 2002.

1. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

I'm looking for the cheapest price on an apple mac iBook (in the UK)
    It's the one with the 14" screen / 800MHz / 256mb ram (these 3 features are different from all other models, just so you know which one :) )
    Directly from apple uk the unit costs around £1350 and the cheapest i've found it is £1326 which isn't a huge improvement.

So does anyone know of a place to get cheap(er) iBooks from...

2. XP Abuser

XP Abuser Guest

i think mac is synonymous with rip-off i was looking in a mag for macs and theyre just a bloody joke for what the spec is.

3. SPeedY_B

Many people think that, but an 800MHz Mac will outperform a 1.5Ghz PC anyday.
    Macs's use RISC cpu's making them much more efficient than normal cisc (intel/amd) cpu's
    The highest spec pc atm is the 3.06Ghz P4 (i think?) and the highest mac is a 1.25Ghz G4, put them side by side and the mac would outperform the Pentium in every aspect.

4. rettahc

rettahc Guest

Unless you buy a used Mac you probably won't find any that are cheaper, Apple keeps a tight reign on their resellers prices.

5. SPeedY_B

Thought they mite be (gits :p )
    Never Mind then, spose if the most im going to save is around 25 notes i may aswell do it properly and buy directly from Apple ;)