Chat Room Failure

Discussion in 'Site Problems & Feedback' started by GuardianAtomos, Jul 18, 2002.

1. Hey. Just recently, I can no longer connect to the XPerience chat room through the integrated jIRC client on the web site. I get a "Class Exception" error. Even after upgrading to the latest version of the Java Runtime Engine, I still get a similar error and the loading progress bar fails to fill up. Any clue as to why this error just appeared and how I can fix it? I prefer to just check the chat room while I'm at the site -- I don't want to use mIRC. Speaking of which, I cannot connect to an EFNet server in mIRC...I have a router, and mIRC keeps refusing my computer's local IP. Why does it do this? Thanks!

2. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Microsoft are making this very difficult for new users to access our chatroom without using mIRC. I really can't understand why they would just prevent XP users from easily installing Java Machine...

Perhaps it will come integrated with SP1, but I seriously doubt it.

3. Jewelzz

Jewelzz OSNN Godlike Veteran

So if members don't have mIRC they might not be able to get to #xperience?

4. Iceman

Iceman Moderator

No, they can still use other IRC programs as well, like ircn, etc.

:cool:

5. Hhm...that's odd. Previously, I was able to access the chat client via the jIRC add-on. But, I upgraded my Java software and I guess that threw Windows off. I hope this can be fixed because, as I said before, I can't even connect with an external IRC client because I'm on a router now and can't get EFNet to let me in cause it's reading my local IP....don't know what to do.

6. Iceman

Iceman Moderator

Here u go

if your using Mirc go here and read the instructions, really simple

in Mirc go to options > connect > Local info > clear out whatever is in local host and IP address > check on connect always get local host > if your behind a router check server (not normal).

anyway for further instruction go here

Mirc help

good luck m8

:cool: