changing the fan on my gf4

well it finally came off, we had to saw it off! but my gfx card kinda is dead, it boots and shows alot of 0's along with what is supposed to be displayed, and doesnt go into windows, is there anything i can do with it? like sell it to a place that uses damaged stuff, or anything? i mean i just bought this fan for like 20 bucks and i have no use for it!

i didnt want to have to get a new gfx card, now i do, so im probably ganna ge the x800xt what do u guys think? i mean i better get somthing that will last me at least a year till i get to the states, damn this mean i probably dont get an ipod or more ram cuz im low on cash, why did this have to happen now!

ohh btw my dad is going to fry's in texas could they buy my old card or do something with it?

which x800xt should i get. as in the brand, asus, visiontek etc, Sazar where are u :D

Sorry to hear about the dead card bro, BTW you could have just poured alchol on it, won't hurt the board. As far as places that buy dead stuff, no idea.

i did man but it wouldnt come off, i think they put glue not thermal paste. it wouldnt come off even with alcohol after i took the fan off. so anyways its gay. i wanna sue them for being dumb and not putting a proper heatsink. it was stuck on and had no pins so i could just take it off.

themafia_69 said:
i did man but it wouldnt come off, i think they put glue not thermal paste. it wouldnt come off even with alcohol after i took the fan off. so anyways its gay. i wanna sue them for being dumb and not putting a proper heatsink. it was stuck on and had no pins so i could just take it off.
Yea, I hear ya, it took me over 2 hrs to get mine removed, it was a slow and frushtrating process. I have to agree though, I don't know what type of thermal compound they used but it was more like a liquid cement than a thermal paste, and on my card a large portion of the center of the GPU wasn't even making contact with the heatsink, so I was glad I replaced it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back