Changing The Default "e" Icon in Favorites

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by NotBold_Fortune, Nov 14, 2003.

1. Can someone tell me how to do this? That little "e" icon has to be one of the homeliest icons to look at everyday.
  2. yoyo

yoyo _________________

You can change it in
  3. I got it, yoyo. I guess what I really needed to know is that it's called "http". So I could change them with ActivIcons. Thanks.
  4. yoyo

yoyo _________________

The manual way would have been

Open regedit, navigate to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\HTTP\DefaultIcon.
    In the right pane you'll see
    (Default) Reg_EXP_SZ %SystemRoot%\system32\url.dll,0
    doubleclick on (Default)
    in the window that comes up type the path to the icon you want to use
    D:\icons\coolfavicon.ico for example
    click OK and close regedit.

You may have to refresh your icon cache. Either using TweakUI or in display properties-appearence-advanced change the icon size to 33 pixel, click ok and apply, go back and change it to 32 pixel again.
  5. Wow. I really like that. Thanks, yoyo. I'll save that for another time. I like that refreshing the icon cache trick. That's so cool.
  6. yoyo, would you happen to know how I can change the "Show Desktop" icon I have in my Quick Launch? Thanks.
  7. yoyo

yoyo _________________

Sure :)

Drag the Show Desktop icon into a Notepad window. You now should see:

Now replace the third line with something like

click File > Save

That's it. Change will take effect after next reboot or icon refresh.

8. What a pal. Thanks, yoyo.
  9. Leo154

Leo154 Guest

Oh thats so nice :)
  10. yoyo, I got to tell you, I think you are absolutely brilliant. You've showed me so many neat things that can be done, and I really appreciate you're prompt and "generous" responses to my questions.

Your Mom
  11. Leo154

Leo154 Guest

:eek: "Your Mom"?
  12. funky dredd

funky dredd Moderator

Bold I have to admit, the longer I know you, the more whacked you become. :)
  13. Leo154

Leo154 Guest

Thank you for clearing that up... now I understand.
  14. You're a little slow aren't you, Funky? Most peopl catch on real quick. LOL
  15. Leo154

Leo154 Guest