Changing login theme in XP

A

adamg

On my computer i use the standard style login screen, like the windows 2000 one. however i use the "windows classic" theme when i log in, but the actual login screen has the blue xp theme. is there any way to change the login theme to windows classic style?

I'm Not looking for a program to change the logon ...I'm looking for a program to change the boot screen?????

Any Ideas????

Alloy25

about the login or boot screen

you can change those screens by using style xp and style builder xp. I have them both and i have rearranged my whole appearance of xp home.

Re: about the login or boot screen

Originally posted by thegrouchyguy
you can change those screens by using style xp and style builder xp. I have them both and i have rearranged my whole appearance of xp home.

Can you give me a walkthrough on how to do it plz????
I have the latest ver of StyleXp and it only shows me how to change the logon screen???

adamg, if you are using nothing else but the Windows classic theme, then you can disable the Themes service. (Type services.msc in the run dialogue and in the window that comes up double click the Themes service. Change the startup type to disabled) You'll now have classic style in your login screens.

na thats to heavy yoyo and causes problems with themes not staying

to use clasic logon

control panel>users>change the way users log on or off> uncheck the welcome screen box = classic login

alloy25 the program you are searching for is bootxp 2.3

Originally posted by sboulema
alloy25 the program you are searching for is bootxp 2.3

Thank you sboulema...where would I get it from????

I thought boot screens didnt work with SP1....
alloy25, let us know if you got SP1 and if it works

Originally posted by Geffy
I thought boot screens didnt work with SP1....
alloy25, let us know if you got SP1 and if it works

Yes I have SP! and yes it worked....although it did some thing weird????
I had to make a decision to boot from either the normal winxp pro or the "backup line"winxp pro????
So I went to the configeratin settings file and deleted the line ...

Hope I didnt stuff some thing up?????

Anyway I'm happy so a extremely huge thank you to sboulema !!!!

Alloy25

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back