Change Your Log On Screen Without Prob.

I

Ishwon

So, are you bored with the same Log On screen... each time you start you computer??? If yes, then this article is surely for you.

To start, you must first know that the actual Log On screen of your Windows XP is stored in the C:WindowsSystem32 folder in your local disk. The file is named logonui.exe.

You can download better Log On screens (featuring a HOT Ameriacn Pamela Anderson or a COOL Indian Aishwarya Rai and lots more...) from this website http://www.themexp.org. Now, to replace the "logonui.exe", you can use the 'Log On Loader' program which you can download from www.themexp.org itself. This is simplest way as the 'Log On Loader does all for you!

But you being a hacker, you would like to manage everything manually... Well, I'm also like that!!! So, once you've downloaded the Log On Screen, you would probably want to delete the existing one and replace it with the downloaded one... Of course, anyone would first think of doing that... but there's a small problem here! When delete or replace the existing logonui.exe, after a few seconds it is restored automatically... and thus you get the same boring Log On screen.

So, what are we going to do??? Simple, registry hack!!!

First rename the Log On Screen you've just downloaded, to anything you want, e.g ishwon (the .exe is not necessary). Now, copy and paste it in the C:\WINDOWSsystem32 folder.

Once this is done, open the Registry (by typing regedit from startRun). Then go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon. You'll find the string UIHost, where the value data is: logonui.exe. All you have to do is delete this value and replace it with the name you've given to your downloaded Log On screen (in this case ishwon.exe), of course don't forget to add the .exe in the end. Press the F5 key and close the registry!

Ok, you've done it!!!

You can now... log off to see your new Log On screen!!!

Don't forget to tell me how it was.

So... the safe way isn't good enough for ya huh?

You woulda had fun when you had to replace your ntoskrnl when SP1 was released =P

ishwon, that's a great post

welcome to our board

can't wait to see further contributions from you

THANX

THANX... I think I've been encouraged enough, to write more interesting things!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back