Change Default Wallpaper...How?

Discussion in 'Desktop Customisation' started by Jason Roberts, Aug 4, 2003.

1. Hi. Not a big problem really.

When ever you create a new user account in Windows XP, the default settings are loaded. One thing I wanted changed is the wallpaper. I have a good wallpaper that i would like to have my computer set for every account I create instread of the default Bliss wallpaper. Is this possible and if yes, how? Thanks.:)

2. lechtard

lechtard Guest

not possible, you'll have to do it manually .. I would think you would have to alter the os source to do it ...

3. jonifen

jonifen pffff...

you could change the bliss file to the pic you wanted, and then rename bliss to "ms bliss" or something - thats probably the easier way - Companies do this on pre-built machines... my gf's mum just bought an advent machine last week and it came with an advent wallpaper on - so it must be possible - just not sure how. Perhaps with the unattended install app?

4. Corvette

Corvette Sauske!

Or set a group policy locking the background wallpaper (XP Pro only)

5. funky dredd

funky dredd Moderator

Use group policy and change the active desktop to whatever you want.

6. Corvette

Corvette Sauske!

You're so right Funky Dredd! (Remember if you have XP Home Edition you are out of luck)

7. funky dredd

funky dredd Moderator

That's correct, only on XP Pro.

8. Corvette

Corvette Sauske!

Just go Start>Run and type GPEDIT.msc

9. Thank you all. I do have both versions of Windows XP. I will go into XP Pro and then alter the setting soon after I get off the net.

PS: Off Topic: How do I add an image to my signature in this forums?

10. Corvette

Corvette Sauske!

I'll put that in a new thread in Themes and Graphics

11. Corvette

Corvette Sauske!

FYI!

You also you can do more then set default backgrounds with Group Polices. If you use StyleXP and you want to only be able to use 1 Visual Style because everyone only likes that one, It can be done with Group Polices (Hey you can even change Throbbers without using Edensoft My Logo)