Change Default View to Show Explorer (Folder View)

kcnychief

??? ??? ?
Political Access
By default, when you navigate to a folder or open up my computer, you get the following view:

noexplorergr2.jpg

That is basically by double-clicking My Computer. If you want the Explorer view, you can click on the Folders icon on the toolbar, which will display this:

explorerss4.jpg

I would have thought if you wanted to keep this, go to Tools, Folder Options, Apply to all Folders. Unfortunately, this is not the case.

If you want to have all windows open up by default with the "explorer-like" view, follow these steps:

1. Open My Computer
  2. Go to Tools, Folder Options, File Types
  3. Find the folder icon next to (none) and Folder, like so:

foldersiu0.jpg
  4. When that is selected, click the Advanced button (bottom right corner)
  5. Highlight "explore" and then click on Set Default
  6. Click Apply and then OK to close all dialogs.
This should now set the view as default. I thought it was neat, wanted to share :)

Hi,

Thanks for the above but is there any way to change the default view for all folders to be the "details" rather than the icons? As it is now I have to change each folder manually with the drop down menu that is next to the "folder" button on the toolbar.

Thanks in advance for any help that can be provided.
Stapler

Sure thing.

If you go to View, and change to Details, you can then apply this to all folders by clicking on Tools, Folder Options. Then go to the View tab, and click on "Apply to All Folders"

Next time you open them, you should get the desired result.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back