Chair thread. I need a new chair. Help Nick decide. Please. ;-)

Discussion in 'Green Room' started by Nick M, Feb 19, 2003.

1. Nick M

Nick M Moderator

Story of my chair:

Well, I have the same office chair for 6 years now. Through the
    numerous times I've washed it, the hours spent sitting in it, all the crap I spilt on it, the few times I shot it with my high pressure co2 BB gun...I finally realize that my buddy chair just doesn't give me the back support it used to, and that the arm rests are nearly worn clean of fabric on the inside. In other words, it's not soft anymore. :huh:

I like my chair, but, I decide it's time to move it into the closet, or the hallway, for sitting down when you tie your shoes. It's time to get a new chair.

I've got $250 to spend on one. I need something nice, soft, with good back support, nice arm restts, and bascially, something that I would feel nice in when sitting infront of the computer.

Any suggestions on what to get, where ( USA ) and what to avoid. Or perhaps you've got a really nice chair yourself, and you want to give a suggestion?

Do so now :)

2. Perris Calderon

Perris Calderon Moderator Staff Member Political User

nick, I gotta hand it to ya

this is the absolutely most obscure question I have ever seen on this forum that is not a joke question.

well done:cool:

I know nothing about chairs, so I can't contribute...sorry

3. SkazzyUK

SkazzyUK XP-erience Oldie

I think I speak for 99% of the forum members when I say LOL !!!

Skazz

4. Nick M

Nick M Moderator

Thank you :) Skazzy you too, and everyone else.

I tried. :eek:

5. ive learned you just cant go and buy a chair you have to "test drive" them.

i just got a new one recently and i really tested them all before deciding. basically you need to put yourself in positions youd be in at home. and good lumbar support is a must!

you should have seen the sales clerk when i was test driving the chairs, at one point i was bouncing up and down in one chair as hard as i could testing to see if it would handle my big ass.

but its all about whats most comfortable to you.

6. SkazzyUK

SkazzyUK XP-erience Oldie

Well I like those big thick leather ones, they are well comfy, i just got like an office chair with high back support :D

Skazz

7. mine is a leather executive chair its sooooooooo comfortable i dont get out of it unless i have to. hell i even make my fiancee give me he ummm nevermind lol.

8. damnyank

damnyank I WILL NOT FORGET 911

computerfreak76 - man you gave me a heck of an idea - here you go Nick:

you need a big overstuffed leather executive type chair with a remote control for your computer and one of those push button multi fluid dispener things like they have in bars so you can get your coffee, rum or whatever without having to leave the chair and here is the best part- your own female to see to your every need!

Nah - scratch the female - make it a blow up doll, I think it would suit your image better than a real female!!:cool: :p :p

9. Nick M

Nick M Moderator

* laughing hard *

I love you all so much :p :p :p

* laughing harder *

LMAO whahashahahaahah I've just been told to test drive chairs....

Good idea. I'm off to...Staples, they have a overwhelming amount of chairs...bouncing time!

10. gonaads

gonaads Beware the G-Man Political User Folding Team

Hey Nick, here's a great chair for ya... It's fairly cheap, adjustable and very very comfy. :rolleyes: :p

11. gonaads

Have the "Blow Up Doll" come out from the front of the chair... between his legs. that way it's all ready to go. :rolleyes:

Wham, Bam, thank you ma... ummmm, latex??? :p :p

12. damnyank

damnyank I WILL NOT FORGET 911

gonaads - I like the way you think! Loved your recommendation - maybe we could add whips to the blow up doll! :cool:

13. yeah then get you one of those hats that holds 2 beerswith the tubes that go to your mouth and put a little mini-fridge on your desk man youd be set!

hmmmm i might just do the mini-fridge idea myself i have a place big enough on my desk!

14. gonaads

Do the mini fridge and modify it by running a 1/2 inch tube from the side of the fridge (that means you are gonna have to drill a hole in the side of it... carefully) drawing cold air and placing the other end of the tube at the front or through the front of the computer box... Instant cooling. :eek: :cool:

15. gonaads

Just NO spiked collars... reaks havoc on the doll. :p

16. hmmmm in that case just buy a pocket pu**y and rig it up so you can swing it into action whenever you feel the need?

17. Nick M

Nick M Moderator

* wild looks *

I don't need a blow up doll, I get my pleasures from real people :cool:

18. gonaads

Kinda like what yer "SIG" says??? Hmmmmmm??? :rolleyes:

19. Nick M

Nick M Moderator

LMAO, I just found my sig really funny so I decided to use it