Central faxing system needed

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Hi all,

Wondering about deploying a central faxing system.

I have a Domain Controller with WinSBS2003, and about 12 Workstations with XPPro

Boss would like to be able to generate a document on the workstation and fire it through a centralized faxing system.

What options do I have here?

Thanks

Heeter

I know WinFax did that way back in the 90's, not sure what would do it now.

"central faxing system" is kind of ambiguous.. as this is a tech forum, I'm going to assume you are talking about IP/computer fax capabilities to replace physical fax machines..

There are various ways to do this depending on what your needs and capabilities are.. do you have a pbx? do you want it to integrate with your PBX system? do you have analog trunks? do you have multiple locations that require local DID numbers? How many users are needing this capability - and is each user going to be given an individual DID? do you want to do full software t.38 faxing or use a physical fax modem on the server end? etc.. etc..

edit: bah.. just read your post a little more carefully :)

Don't know if Symantec even supports/sells winfax anymore actually.. you can look at GFI's FaxMaker.. if you want to go full bore, you can look at the grandaddy and go for RightFax - but that is probably overkill from a budget and technical standpoint.

Wow, thanks for your answers.

I was thinking more like this: Since XPPro has a fax proggy builtin, I thought that I could use that and hook up a fax modem to the server. I didn't know that it was going to be a lot more than that.

Heeter

hrmm... i think windows 2003 does have a fax service that can be setup with a fax modem hanging off the server. If I remember correctly, you basically setup a fax "printer" that the clients use to send a fax outbound.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back