cdroms

• Thread starter mafiafromrussia
  • Start date
M

mafiafromrussia

not sure if i should post it here on in hardware.

but i just noticed that in my computer i dont have my dvd rom drive and cdrw drive. when i try to click on a shortcut on desctop it only says "not found" what the hell is up with that? btw both of them are of cource in the computer.

Not to insult you, but do you have a CD-ROM in the unit?

no i dont have any cds in either of them. and what i am saying i dont even see the units in my windows. it's physically attached but i cant see it in my windows. also i can manually open dvd-rom , but when i click cdrw-rom open/close button nothing happens.

This has happened to me before, and it was due to the aspi drivers. Either install the newest or download a program like nero, so it installs it for you.

i do have latest almost latest nero version. and where do i get the latest aspi drivers?

thanks will try and get something. will that require a reboot? cuz i really cant do that now

i went to their downloads and found this. i need this file or something else?

28 May 2002 ASPI Driver for Windows version 4.71
Updated ASPI drivers version 4.71 for Windows 98, NT 4, Me, 2000 and XP. Includes ASPICHK version checking utility

That will work fine. There is also a version 4.72 but some people have reported problems with it. It works fine for me.

very strange, i did not install the ispi drivers, instead i just cold booted. and both cdroms work fine now. this is very weird

If it happens again go into computer management/storage/disk management. If you can see them there just reassign the drive letter. My cd rom disappeared when I loaded something. Has only done it once.

ok thanks if it happens again i'll try that. but as i said above, one of cdroms would even open at all. didnt even give any kind of lights when i pressed open button on it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back