Cd-wow

Discussion in 'Green Room' started by rushm001, Jan 21, 2004.

1. rushm001

rushm001 In the beginning...... Political User

This is applicable to all those who live within the EU.

Apparently CD-WOW will now have to impose a surcharge on orders shipped to EU countries because the Record Companies decided that they were not allowed to import discs from outside the EU which is cheaper!

They don't want you to download the songs, then they tell you you can't buy them cheap off of the net!

See more here http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/music/3416437.stm

2. Teddy

Teddy Boogie Nights...!

Yeh...literally just heard this on the radio!!! Its disgraceful...always looking for ways to make us pay more.

They'll have to slap on a £2 charge for each CD...although the owner said he's confident the same deals (if not better) will be back.

3. Henyman

Henyman Secret Goat Fetish Political User

they will still be dam cheap cd's :D

4. rushm001

I still don't see why I should have to pay an extra £2 just because of the record companies. I mean they are getting our money wherever cd-wow source their cd's from. It'd not like they are illegal copies or anything!

5. Khayman

Khayman I'm sorry Hal... Political User Folding Team

Doesn't that violtae some sort of free trade rules? .... apparently not

6. rushm001

I seem to remember the same thing happened not so long ago with Tesco trying to sell cheap Levis (Original ones not fake) sourced from outside the EU and fell foul of some EU rule. So much for being for free trade!