CD-RW Disks

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by gillmacca, Jun 14, 2002.

1. gillmacca

gillmacca Macca

I have just installed InCD from Nero, which claims you can use your cd-rw just like a floopy.
    Does anyone know how many times you can write and keep overwriting a cd-rw?

Many thanks for your help

2. Alex_is_Axel

Alex_is_Axel .:: FTPAlex ::.

Isnt it unlimited amount of times??? Unless you mess it up. Does the storage case say how many times? I have a couple of re-writiable and ive writen on them quite afew times over and over again without any problems.. Sorry i cant be much help

Sincerly Alex :)

3. Pythro

Pythro Guest

If you mess up a cd-rw when burning data to it, just erase the disk and it will be good as new. To use a cd-rw like a floppy just format it.

4. vdubVR6

vdubVR6 Guest

I HAVE BEEN USING MY CD-RW FOR A WHILE NOW TO MAKE VCD'S AND I HAVENT HAD ANY PROBLEMS. THEY ONLY THING I HAVE HEARD IS THAT THEY SHOULD LAST AROUND 70years,(IF THATS TRUE OR NOT I DONT KNOW). BUT CHECK YOUR CASE SEE IF MAYBE IT SAYS ON THERE. IF NOT I WOULDNT WORRY ABOUT IT. BECOUSE YOUR SOFTWARE SHOULD TELL YOU IF YOU BURNED THE INFO. TO THE DISK OR NOT.

5. zoey

zoey Guest

I might be in Wisconsin, but you don't have to yell!
    Caps are yelling dude. Lower case are easier to read anyways.
    I also agree about the unlimited times if you erase them!

6. Swi

Swi gningnegneur

i heard a long time ago that it was around 1 thousand uses, but maybe it's only a rumor. I have the same disks since 4 years and got no troubles with them.

btw, XP already have a built in "floppy" emulation for cds.

7. Glaanieboy

Glaanieboy Moderator

When you do a 'normal' format (with Cd-r software) of the CD-RW disk, then it writes something in somekind of partition table of the CD that the disk is blank again. That can be done for 999 times. I don't know if it is the same with InCD, since it uses the UDF format instead of the standard ISO-format.