CD ROM Volume name not refreshing

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by nrgvision, Feb 5, 2002.

1. nrgvision

nrgvision Guest

Hi guys…….have a problem in XP Pro which was not around previously in Win 9x/2000!

Problem:- My CD Rom will not refresh the CD volume name when I insert a new CD in the Windows Explorer tree? It only changes the first time then will not update the volume name of any other CDs which I insert.

NOTE: I have changed the CD drive and updated all the ASPI drivers etc etc but still the problem remains, does anyone know a solution to this??

Thanks NRG!:confused:

2. nrgvision

nrgvision Guest

please help!!!

>>Hi guys…….have a problem in XP Pro which was not around previously in Win 9x/2000!

Problem:- My CD Rom will not refresh the CD volume name when I insert a new CD in the Windows Explorer tree? It only changes the first time then will not update the volume name of any other CDs which I insert.

NOTE: I have changed the CD drive and updated all the ASPI drivers etc etc but still the problem remains, does anyone know a solution to this??

Thanks NRG!

HAve tried everything on this site with no luck!!, note this is a clean install of xp, and still the problem remains! there must be an answer!!!

thanxs in advance NRG!

3. Flash

Flash Guest

Hi, this is exactly the problem I had. The drive letter for the CD should not be D:, change the drive letter to F:. I did this last night all is well, autoplay now works, etc.

4. nrgvision

nrgvision Guest

This is a major problem in xp!

Guys have been told that MS is aware of this problem and are preparing a patch (or inc in the Serv PAck?) to fix this problem.

I have checked with a few guys, and having a dual OP system helps determine if hardware is the problem (whci it is not) I have tried all the fix options (yes changed the drive to F: etc etc etc and yes even a clean install!) Nothing works, I guess this is a bug in XP as I have no problem under 98!

If anyone has another solution please PLEASE ! let me know

Thanks in advance!

------------

XP hmmmm...:mad: