CD-rom is being stupid

the_music_man

aka prodj88 =P
i have this sims cd and its kinda old and when i put it in my CDRom well actually cd writer, it doesn't load autoplay or sometimes it does but tkaes like 10min. and also when i try to explore in the cd it usually doesn't open. my other cds usually work so what do you thinks the problem???? will firmware fix it?

Try giving the disk a good clean. Also try making an iso & running it from the hard drive.

Get a NOCD File so you don't need the Sim's disk if its only that disk giving you problems. Firmware can't hurt but I doubt it will fix that kind of problem, it usually helps more with matching media not with 1 CD errors. They have programs that can analyze disks for problems such as scratches/read errors. I believe BadCopy is one of them.

Originally posted by Hipster Doofus
Try giving the disk a good clean. Also try making an iso & running it from the hard drive.
your statement intriques me. how for would i go about doing this? :)

i can make an iso... but run it from the hd?

Yep, deamon tools to mount it. Or just burn it on a new CD. I think the old one is getting "old". They usually do this after a while (but normally a longer while).

I think cleaning the CD would be inneffective unless it's scratched or has alot of fingerprints.

Originally posted by taurus

Well, I suppose you could get hold of a washing up bowl, a bottle of fairly liquid / cleaner and use good old elbow greese..

:eek:

:D

only kidding :happy:

Originally posted by taurus

i can make an iso... but run it from the hd?
You can get a disk cleaner from where you buy music CD's. I normally go with the cheap one. Good for getting rid of finger prints.
Also make your iso, download Daemon as mentioned. It is easy to figure out.

Originally posted by Hipster Doofus
You can get a disk cleaner from where you buy music CD's. I normally go with the cheap one. Good for getting rid of finger prints.
Also make your iso, download Daemon as mentioned. It is easy to figure out.
lol... oops, didn't mean to quote the disk cleaning part. :p i can do that.

and the daemon link isn't working right now. i'll try it later, thanks. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back