CD-ROM do not "autorun" any more... Why ?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by xman, Feb 11, 2002.

1. xman

xman Guest

When I insert CD-ROMs (or DVDs or Audio CDs), they do not run automatically anymore.
    I don't remember what I could have done to "break" that. Well... Actually, I know I did nothing. It just stopped working but I don't rememebr exactly when.
    Anyway I DOD NOT disable the CD insertion notification. It is activated but it just does not work. Any idea ?

I'm not really motivated to reinstall everything so I'm looking for other solutions. ;)
  2. westy1

westy1 Guest

If you have a rough idea of the time it started, can you do a system restore.
  3. xman

xman Guest

Yes but...

I don't really remember...
    I think it was about 10 days ago and a friend of mine experienced a loss of personal data after a restore... So I'm a bit scared...
    I think the only thing I did that could have perturbed the disk insertion detection is that I disconnected my zip drive (without uninstalling its drivers) then reconnected it. (I brought my PC to a friend's and didn't bring the Zip drive).
  4. Flash

Flash Guest

Maybe it is related to what I found. I changed my CD drive letter from D: to F:. Everything works great now, even Autoplay.
  5. xman

xman Guest

nice try...

I've tried changing the letter of my CD-ROM drive. But it unfortunately did not fix the problem. :(