CD ROM and CD-R blues...

D

dustolph

Before Christmas, I was running a GeForce 2 MX 400, with a USB CD-RW 4x, and a Sony CD ROM.

For Christmas, I recieved a GeForce 3 Ti200 and a Plextor 16x CD-R. At this time I only had a 250W power supply. I booted up. The GeForce3 worked fine, but the CD ROM and CD-R were not showing up in My Computer. But, they did however show up in the POST.

So, I thought it was merely a power supply issue. Today I picked up a 350W power supply. Plugged it in, but no difference. The CD ROM and CD-R do not work still. I head into Device Manager, and notice that each of them are recieving Code 19 errors (registry). Which they were the day before when I first installed both the video card and CD-R.

So far I have tried the following to no avail:

1) Uninstall both drives in Device Manager. Booting back up. Still go code 19 errors.
2) I even put my old GF 2 back in to see if my GF 3 was faulty. Still, I got code 19 errors.
3) I tried just using the CDROM, got code 19 errors.

I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem? If so, was it fixable?

Thanks,

Dustin H.

Yes, I have Nero 5 installed. It has been installe, because I had a USB external burner. Would this be a problem?

Yeah, Nero's caused a lot of problems for folks loosing their CDRom devices. At the top of this page there's a search option, use it to do a searh (keyword: Nero) and you should find a fix for your problem in one of the threads it brings up. good luck.

Try reinstall nero. i think that worked for one guy with the same prob.

Alright, thanks for the help guys. I guess I'll reply if I still ahve a problem and give an update :p

Thanks for the help guys. I got the drives both working after re-installing Nero :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back