CD problem

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Stephen, Mar 4, 2002.

1. Stephen

Stephen Guest

I've been told that, in order to use my built in windows CD-burning so that I can drag and drop files into my cd-burner to be burned I have to make sure my IMAPI cd-burning service is on and that everything is set correct and that windows recognizes my drive as a burner.
    I'm afraid this means nothing to me, as I have a very basic understanding. Is there someone kind enough to spell out what I need to do to set it up, please, in language a 10 year old could understand. Thanks! (Although I guess most 10 year olds understand more than I do...)
    Stephen

2. stuy_b

stuy_b Guest

Goto the windows Update site, there is a fix there that Allegedly fixes any CD burning issues.

I say Allegedly, because some people still get problems. I myself have got the update and it works just fine.

BTW, the CD-Burning options built into XP are very basic, and you will not be able to do any kind of fancy mixed-mode CD burning or copying.

But for general use its fine, depends what floats your boat really!!

But I digress, just get the update from windowsupdate, and see what happens if you still have problems, try the 4.70 ASPI drivers.

Funnily enough after I loaded the 4.70 ASPI drivers my PC went belly up!! but again, some people have problems some don't..

Its a case of suck & see!!!.. oooerrr missus!! lol

:D :cool:

stuy_b