CD (plus DVD?) Storage Drive.. or something likt that...

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Shirow, Sep 7, 2003.

1. Shirow

Shirow Guest

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. What I want to do, is buy some massive CD Storage unit that can access a cd when needed to get the data off it.. Like a 5 disc cd changer and such. Does anyone have any sugestion, or know of any produckts like this? Thanks.

2. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

I wouldn't be wasting my money on something like that. Instead I would get a secondary hard drive (if needed) & then using a virtual cd rom (freeware) to access the cd image on the hard drive. That's me though. Cheap. :D

3. Shirow

Shirow Guest

Thats is a good idea.. though I never trust Hard Drives.. with CD/DVD's I know my data is safe (as log as I take good care of the disc's), and if for some reason, there is a power surge, even though I am on a UPS Surge protector, and my HD fry's I don't want to lose anything (I do alot of work on my computer). So Instead of taking cd's in and out, if there is something I can set up to keep least 10 or more cds in a cd drive that I can access. Thanks for the idea though! :)

4. dubstar

dubstar format c:

i slip of the wrist and your data is all scratched up and useless. i'd also suggest grabbing a new hd, and using virtual cd.