CD/DVD Update Problem?

B

Bablos

Hi There...

I'm doing a fresh XP install on one of my machines, and I've come across an odd problem;

Whenever I take a CD or DVD out of their appropriate drives, the name stays next to the drive. If I put another CD or DVD into the drives, it still doesn't change - the only time the system updates the names is at reboot.

As a result, my system always shows the two disks that were in the drives at boot up.

Anyone know what the problem is? I've had a search around, and the problem has occurred before, but no one has replied to the problem.

Hope someone can help!

Bablos.

on my old system PII that used to happen...but with new sys. it updates very quickly when changing CD's or DVD's

Hi There...

It used to be fine, but it's playing up all of a sudden. Anyone know how I can resolve the problem?

Bablos.

I had the exact same thing happen to me. Never had the patience to track down the problem so I did a reinstall and used the repair option. Been workin fine since. Some things to try though: Try to right click and refresh the page. Didnt work for me but you never know. Go to control panel/Administrative tools/component services/services and check that "Imapi CD Burning Com Service" is set to manual. "Removable storage" is set to Auto. And "Shell hardware detection" is set to Auto. I dont know that thatll fix anything but its all I can think of now.

Hi There...

It's solved - I managed to track it down by going through the numerous restore points that a new install tends to create!

I use a program called System Mechanic, and it can set various system options, one of which says 'Automatically start data CDROMs when they are inserted' - I naturally related this to autoplay, and switched it off, but this is what was causing the problem.

Thanks anyway!

Bablos.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back