CD/DVD Drive Problems

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by mathew, Mar 5, 2002.

1. mathew

mathew Guest

My cd and dvd drive will not work. Unless i load up media player. every time i insert a new disk the drive will be inacessible until i power up media player, then when i do that my drives start spinning up and work. WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON HERE??????

PLEASE HELP ME

Note From Moderator (JJB6486): Edited For Language Content

2. mathew

mathew Guest

PLEASE

please help me someone

3. perpetual98

perpetual98 Guest

I'm having a similar problem. I have to open and close the DVD & the burner a few times before it recognizes a CD, then it sometimes takes 3 minutes before it does. I'm thinking of doing a format c:\ and reinstalling XP or perhaps going back to 2000

4. afrodeziak

afrodeziak Guest

Yup, I have a similar problem with my Plextor 16/10/40 burner. The first time I put the CD in it doesnt autorun...everytime after the first time it autoruns. damn stupid. lol

5. mathew

mathew Guest

thing is

my problems started after i installed easy cd creator platinum,, i have the updates for it but im not sure what is going on........

6. crunch2000

crunch2000 Guest

did you install the apsi drivers for cd-roms?

crunch2000

7. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Electronica Addict Political User Folding Team

I had a similar problem with my CD/DVD drives, except that mine disapeared. I posted on this forum for some help, and I got a reply. Click on the link below to view it, it might help out. If it doesn't fix the problem, I suggest that you do a format and clean install of win XP....
    Hope that helps....:)
    CD/DVD Drive Problems...