cd drawers ejecting

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by kev59, Aug 15, 2004.

1. kev59

kev59 OSNN Senior Addict

how can i stop all my cd drawers ejecting automaticaly as i have a front fasia on and i fear it will burn out the eject motor

2. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

If something requests for the drive to open, I'm pretty sure it's just going to open. Most drives are designed to cease motion when they come up against resistance anyway, so you should be ok if it ever gets triggered by mistake.

3. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Sure you have not got some sort of 'joke' loaded into your system. Something like 'Coke Gift'?

How well do you know your friends? :D

4. patrick

patrick OSNN Addict

Na that's not what the problem is. The problem is that some programs such as CloneCD, some other burning programs and I guess even the joke programs will open the cd rom drawer without confirmation from the user. This is extremely annoying if your case has a door as the cd rom will try to force the door open.
    On my case (Coolermaster Wavemaster) if the DVD Burner drawer is told to open via software the drive opens instantly, puts pressure against the door, forces the door to open which then swings open, bounces back and hits the open cd rom drive. Not very pleasant I can assure you.

So far I haven't found any solution to this problem, apart from leaving the door open if you're using a program that you know can open the cd rom. Perhaps there is a way to disable windows from listening to the signal but I haven't been able to find anything.

Patrick

5. dreamliner77

dreamliner77 The Analog Kid

Most programs have an option to disable "Automatically Eject Disc" or whatever.

6. patrick

patrick OSNN Addict

Wow you're right. CloneCD has a tickbox option "eject media" in the Tools > Settings > Drive Control menu. I never even noticed that before.
    Thanks

7. dreamliner77

dreamliner77 The Analog Kid

No problem

8. cryogenic

cryogenic OSNN Addict

Nero has the very same setting in its advanced options for anyone who wasn't aware. I find it annoying as well even though I don't have a door on the front of my PC.