CD data problem

ElementalDragon

The One and Only
Is there a program that can read data that is on a CD even if Windows cannot detect it? I can't seem to find the CD i copied the pre-release build of Longhorn on, but now i found a CD that seems like it's the one i put it on, but Windows cannot read it. the CD Autorun doesn't pop up, but i can see from the bottom of the disc that SOMETHING big was written to it.

I know there are programs that will access the disk and just try to pull raw data off of it, just can't think of any off the top of my head.

One thing you could try to do is open up nero, pop the disk in and see if nero see's anything on it

i doubt this deals with the problem, but i remember seeing a problem similar to yours. i remember if you used banned registration data for CDRWIN 3.8, that the burn would produce an unreadable blob of data...it would go thru the burn cycle, and everything would seem fine until you went to see what was burnt.. and ya.. it was x megs of nothing...

perhaps other cdr programs use this form of protection against people who do not purchase their software legally..

as far as reading the data, i wouldnt know. but if you are using cdrwin, consider using something else...

just a heads up a i guess

well, i believe that was the CD i copied Longhorn onto. and if it was, then it did work once. i even found a program to try to get the data that should be on the cd off of it, but it didn't help. it knew something was there, but couldn't access it. No biggy. found a more recent version of Longhorn on the web. Thx anyway guys.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back