CD Burning software

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Kevin Ar18, Mar 16, 2003.

1. Kevin Ar18

Kevin Ar18 OSNN Senior Addict

Windows comes with a version of Roxio.

I was wondering if there is any CD Burning software out there that acts more like Internet Explorer. Let me explain.

The way Roxio works, you copy the file to a temporary location on your hard drive, then you hit burn, then it ejects your CD. If you erase the CD - once again it ejects. If you just add one file, once again it ejects and it also has to rename the Drive.

It would be nice if there were some kind of burning software where you just paste the file to the CD and it automatically starts burning it (supposing it's a CDRW where you've already given it name an all). Then it would leave the CD in there (wouldn't eject or anything, and later on you could add another file, once again it would do it automatically - again not asking for a rename of the CD or ejecting it. Then later if you chose to delete something from the CD, it would just delete it and not go through the long rename and eject process.

The idea is to treat the CDRW almost on the level of a hard drive. Although it is slower, does have some differences, CDRWs can be treated close to how floppy drives and hard drives are treated because they can read, write, and rewrite. My question is are there any CD Burning programs that have actually done this method?

2. scriptasylum

scriptasylum Moderator

One word: Nero. :cool:

Although it's not as simple as using explorer, it works and works well. I used to like EZCD but once it started "acting up", I switched to Nero and have never looked back.

3. Friend of Bill

Friend of Bill What, me worry?

Two words: Clone CD:D

Burn anything and everything!;)

4. sboulema

sboulema Moderator

i think you need to check out nero incd

5. Gus K

Gus K NTFS abuser

There is no reson to burn each file separately if you plan on not removing or adding to the disc. With XP's native burning you just 'send to' the files to the CD, XP keeps track of them. When it comes time to actually burn, you can burn them all, or edit your list and then burn.

It's actually quite a quick and handy way to burn a few files.

6. Geffy

Geffy Moderator Folding Team

I think Roxio DirectCD does that, its like Nero InCD

Packet writing software is what it is called

7. Kevin Ar18

Kevin Ar18 OSNN Senior Addict

Thanks for the info, when it comes time I might try out the trial version of these programs.

If anyone knows of some others that do this, feel free to reply.

8. MaryJ

MaryJ Guest

Try burnatonce it free and very very good. http://www.burnatonce.com :happy: Also thet have a forum if you run into problems,

9. belveder

belveder OSNN Senior Addict

Definitely Nero, I use that for all music and file / data burning. For CD copying I use Alcohol 120% with Clone XXL

10. Bleakboy

Bleakboy OSNN Junior Addict

Have a look a CD-Mate it is a good piece of cd burning software, i use and it is great, but if you are after explorer style use nero in cd, that's what i use for CD-RW