CD Burning Products Picks and Pans

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Elaine, Apr 30, 2002.

1. Elaine

Elaine Guest

I've been remarkably lucky with my CD burning. No problems with Roxio, Nero (my fav), XP, MusicMatch, whatever software. No problems with TDK (my fav), Smart and Friendly, HP burners. Also, no problems with about 15 various brands of media (although my fav is Memorex)EXCEPT one. I have an astronomical coster rate with Imation. Is it me or is their hype bogus?

2. Qumahlin

Qumahlin Moderator

REally you have problems with memorex? thats odd, I love memorex and have never burned a coaster

As for imation...some imation...sucks MAJORLY, I only use imation for cheap data back up, I never use them for music as the quality comes out horrible.

3. Elaine

Elaine Guest

You asked what kind of burners I use. At home. I have a HP 6X external (8201) and an internal TDK 16X VeloCD. At work I use a Smart and Friendly (don't you just love that name?) Rocket 12X SCSI. For me, Imation bites.

4. Narcissus

Narcissus Guest

I use nothing but Imation and have never had any trouble with them perfect for data and nothing wrong as audio cds!! quality wise they sound the same as the original cd!! ... maybe your CDRW dont like em!..

As for Memorex, ive never ever had a succesfull burn with them!

5. Black_Pride

Black_Pride OSNN Addict

I use a RICOH 9060 Internal 6x and I have never had a problem with MEMOREX.

Imation SUX!!!

6. koko

koko Got Root?

i have used hundreds of memorex discs......never had a prob :)

7. Broomop

Broomop Guest

same here.

8. iowaboy

iowaboy old person

PNY are the worse by far, memorex no problems as of yet

9. dreamliner77

dreamliner77 The Analog Kid

I use nothing but Imation. I had one bad batch that about 6 cd's in a row became coasters, but other than that, I have yet to have a problem. BTW, I only use the white inkjet printable ones.

10. duder

duder Guest

16x lite on and memorex for me:)

11. Outback2k1

Outback2k1 OSNN Addict

I have a 12x8x32 CD-RW by LG Electronics.
    It's actually a Sony clone, come to find out.

I've tried quite a few brands, and the only one I've had a problem with is CompUSA's store brand. I bought a 25-CD Spindle of their colored CDs, and EasyCD kept spitting them out 5 minutes into a burn.

My friend's household swears by Memorex CD-R's, and I just picked up a 30-CD Spindle two weeks ago. Havent used many, but I haven't had a bad burn yet.

As for using cheap media for HD backups...why not get a set of CD-RWs?

Oh, and for software, I swear by Nero. I started out with EasyCD, but I was sick of DirectCD's bullshit formatting.

12. Carol

Carol Guest

CD's

I've used Imation...funky.....Memorex & Sony's, no bummer burns at all with my Teac 8x burner.....

I've tried burning with the XP & Media Player features, waste of time, in my opinion, so I use Nero...sweet

13. dijital

dijital Guest

personally, if you want quality cdrs and have a lil bit of extra money to spend, mitsui is the way to go.

otherwise, i'll give my cdr business to TDK.

14. Carol

Carol Guest

cd's

Ahhh...TDK, forgot about those : ) No problems with them, either