CD burner problems

tinker79

OSNN Newbie
Okay, I have a Creative CDRW 32X and it will not burner for me. I have checked the device manager and it says it should be working and I've tried updating the driver and still nothing is working. Is the laser burnt out? I bought a new CDRW but want to make sure this one is shot before I try installing the new one. Any help would be appreciated.:nervous:

try maybe updating the firmware and cleaning the lens, if that fails i would put the new one in

ALSO WELCOME TO OSNN!

tinker79 said:
Okay, I have a Creative CDRW 32X and it will not burner for me. I have checked the device manager and it says it should be working and I've tried updating the driver and still nothing is working. Is the laser burnt out? I bought a new CDRW but want to make sure this one is shot before I try installing the new one. Any help would be appreciated.:nervous:
What specific problem are you experiencing? If your Device Manager checks out, it may be a problem with the burning software or the CD's you are trying.

Okay, well let me try those things and then we'll see what happens! Thanks!

Well, the software I am using, I have always used. I tried putting a CD in to play and then one to burn and neither worked. The light came on, it acted like it was working and then an error message appeared that said power failure error. I will try cleaning it as a last resort and if this fails, then I will install the new one.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back