CD Burner not recognised.

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by excoelis, Mar 26, 2002.

1. excoelis

excoelis Guest

I have a micro-solutions CD burner Model #192100. I have installed the latest drivers from Microsoft and use Nero right now for the software. My problem is whenever I boot up I get the message at the end of boot up that windows won't work with the driver and is shutting it down. When I click for info it tells me that Easy Cd creator is not recognized by XP. I never downloaded easy cd creator. My burner works and Nero works with it but I can't stop this message from showing up when I boot up. I do plan on instaling Easy cd creator version 5, I use to have version 4 but it will be a couple weeks before I can install version 5.
    1. Is there a way of stopping this message?
    2. Also easy cd creator is not in my add remove programs couls it be in my registry and if it is how do I get rid of it?

2. DrX

DrX Guest

Trust me Ezy CD Creator will give you nothing but problems with XP/2K

YOu can try by disabling the XP built in burner as that was made by ezy CD creator.

If you want to turn off the ability to using the built-in CD burner software that comes with WindowsXP:

Open up the Explorer
    Right click on the drive that is your CD burner
    Select Properties
    Click on the Recording tab
    Uncheck Enable CD recording on this drive.

And see if that makes a difference.

Or remove the CD drive completly in Device manager and reboot and let XP install the drivers etc