CD Burner not recognised.

E

excoelis

I have a micro-solutions CD burner Model #192100. I have installed the latest drivers from Microsoft and use Nero right now for the software. My problem is whenever I boot up I get the message at the end of boot up that windows won't work with the driver and is shutting it down. When I click for info it tells me that Easy Cd creator is not recognized by XP. I never downloaded easy cd creator. My burner works and Nero works with it but I can't stop this message from showing up when I boot up. I do plan on instaling Easy cd creator version 5, I use to have version 4 but it will be a couple weeks before I can install version 5.
1. Is there a way of stopping this message?
2. Also easy cd creator is not in my add remove programs couls it be in my registry and if it is how do I get rid of it?

Trust me Ezy CD Creator will give you nothing but problems with XP/2K

YOu can try by disabling the XP built in burner as that was made by ezy CD creator.

If you want to turn off the ability to using the built-in CD burner software that comes with WindowsXP:

Open up the Explorer
Right click on the drive that is your CD burner
Select Properties
Click on the Recording tab
Uncheck Enable CD recording on this drive.

And see if that makes a difference.

Or remove the CD drive completly in Device manager and reboot and let XP install the drivers etc

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back