Ccna

I've no idea what that is but congrats none the less :laugh:

Congrats bro, that's a hard test that will really help your career :)

W00t! congratulations! Now only 42 more acronym related certifications to go.

ha ya, I think my boss wants me to get the telephony ones next, but time will tell.

Awesome Celt. Good work.

Congratulations man. It's tough from what I hear :)

My brother just got his ccna cert. He got a 40,000.00 a year raise lol. All he needs now is his RHCE and he will have them all. Now he is bugging me to get my certfications.

Certs don't mean anything where I work anymore. About 95% of the technology we use is home-grown.

wwwdjrcs said:
Certs don't mean anything where I work anymore. About 95% of the technology we use is home-grown.

Its not really a matter of "certs" for my job. Its just stuff i gotta learn and be able to do, and the certs just kinda keep you focused and make u learn it. Hey i get paid to learn, i cant complain.

Getting paid to learn is a great thing.

celticfan11 said:
Its not really a matter of "certs" for my job. Its just stuff i gotta learn and be able to do, and the certs just kinda keep you focused and make u learn it. Hey i get paid to learn, i cant complain.
Don't get me wrong man, as I said before that's a great accomplishment :)

I was just saying how it is for my job :)

You know me, I'm a cert whore ;)

Congrats...

And Marge, it's a cert wrt computer networking. I've finished all the Cisco classes for a CCNA, though haven't taken the test yet... It's something I should probably take sometime, and of course when I get the money together. I'd probably be well advised to go back and do some more studying, as I completed Cisco 4 last spring semester. Oh, and yeah, before version 4 of the test :D

Oh, and if your sims were easy, that's good. From what I understand, one can miss 1 of the sims, but not both, even if one did quite well on the rest of the test...

Son Goku said:
Congrats...

And Marge, it's a cert wrt computer networking. I've finished all the Cisco classes for a CCNA, though haven't taken the test yet... It's something I should probably take sometime, and of course when I get the money together. I'd probably be well advised to go back and do some more studying, as I completed Cisco 4 last spring semester. Oh, and yeah, before version 4 of the test :D

Oh, and if your sims were easy, that's good. From what I understand, one can miss 1 of the sims, but not both, even if one did quite well on the rest of the test...

I actually only had one sim. It was a 3 router scenario and i had to figure out why RIP wasnt working. Took me like 2 minutes. I spent the next 5 minutes pinging everything from everywhere becuase it seemed to easy lol. But look into getting the teskking practice test Q's. They helped me alot and is saw a bunch of Qs on the test that were on the test king's study practice test Qs. CCDA is next for me.

thx... Guess your test was a bit different then what some students (who had already taken it), reported back to the class on what they got... And yeah, a borked up RIP would be relatively easy. Not as much as could go wrong with something like OSPF...

Actually, when we took the classes, we were well covered up through Cisco 3, as we had all the equipment for this. However, when we got to Cisco 4 on WANs, we could do the first lab wrt NAT and PAT, but beyond that... We were going over ISDN, frame relay, T1 and T3 lines, X-25, and other such technology, but the college wasn't equiped with the necessary equipment to even be able to simulate the switching technology for this stuff (as it would exist at the phone companies end). It ended up comming down to mentioning an overview of the tech, with mentions on what the command lines would be.

Only thing is, and at least for myself, I'm much better at memorizing ideas and concepts, then strings of characters and the like... Which is where the labs (rather then straight memorization) of this aspect comes in handy. We just weren't equiped for it :(

celticfan11 said:
ya it was quite tough. Im glad i got it off my todo list.
i love getting weight off my shoulders feels great huh?

Son Goku said:
thx... Guess your test was a bit different then what some students (who had already taken it), reported back to the class on what they got... And yeah, a borked up RIP would be relatively easy. Not as much as could go wrong with something like OSPF...
(

well the other kid i work with took the ccna like 3 or 4 times. He got sims from Vlans to ACLs to OSPF to RIP. Never anything to do with WAN stuff. Buti was read for it all. Minus ISDN. I just flat out didnt learn those commands because there is too many and people dont use ISDN much so whats the point. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back