Catalyst 5.6 released!

Oops, didn't realise you had posted it here :)
This can be the discussion thread ;D

I didn't notice the WMV acceleration, but yeah...a lot of the HD video I download is WMV, and a lot of gaming sites put videos out in this format. Hopefully the HD won't stutter on my computer anymore.

I'll let you know if this improves anything whatsoever on a 9800 Pro when I get off work.

Installed the 5.6 Cat's. 9800 PRO Card.

No problems encountered.

Textures definitely look better in Ut2004, game play may have been a ittle smoother, especially panning.

Off to see what they do for EE 2 now.

PS The Control Panel loads a lot quicker now.

EE2 may be a little smoother on panning also when unit count gets high.

Summary: Seems worth the download and install.

Last edited:
Guys, can I just install this over my old drivers or what? I'm running a 9800 pro.

I just used the installer on express, did not have any problems.

I can't get the CCC to start. CLI.exe is running, but when i try to start the CCC, it makes a busy icon then goes away. Nothing happens. Anyone know how to fix this?

.net framework 1.1 is installed.

Last edited:
I got a 9600XT (256MB version) so I will definately have to update my drivers. If the choppiness of Wow goes away after installing these, I will hold off on getting a new graphics card :D

vivid_vibe said:
Guys, can I just install this over my old drivers or what? I'm running a 9800 pro.
I would not do that, it can cause problems when older driver files mix with new ones.

I always uninstall the drivers from Add/Remove programs (even after this there are still tons of ATI files / registry entries on your system)
Run Driver Cleaner and select every ATI filter available. (google it)
Restart, and then install the new drivers.

That way you are sure you have a clean driver installation.

Anyway, I installed these and WoW seems a bit smoother. I'll have to test out a few more games.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back