Catalyst 3.2

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Jz1397-5, Mar 14, 2003.

1. Jz1397-5

Jz1397-5 XP Bad Ass

i just got them from ATI, anyone notice a big performance difference? post any issues here etc...

www.ati.com

2. da rock

da rock Guest

haven't run latest 3dmark yet,but they fixed the stuttering prob i had in a couple of games and i can now run freelancer w full hardware accel. looks like the folks at ati are trying to address the issues people have w /their cards. all in all i'd say these drvs are a vast improvement over the previous releases!:cool:

3. Geffy

Geffy Moderator Folding Team

3.2s are out from the Hercules site yet for Hercules users

4. Jz1397-5

Jz1397-5 XP Bad Ass

the drivers get better and better with every release. ATI is really working out some of their major problems.

5. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

this is for the r300 core users...

on r3d forums... the cat maker dood said that during testing of cat 3.2 for r300/r350 they noticed some BIG performance gains... but for the final version of 3.2 for the r300 core this will not show... it is there to eliminate stuttering and also improve IQ... which you will notice due to a loss of a few points on some benchmarks (increases on others... but its around same over all level)

with cat 3.3... the performance increases they noticed while testing with the 3.2's on the r350 cards will be released for the users to install... and they are saying the increases are noticeable...

do not expect a miracle doubling of performance...

from r3d forums..

take that with a pinch of salt till the real product comes out... but if true... it is not a bad thing @ all... :)

6. lynchknot

lynchknot Moderator

P4-1.6-512-XP-Pro ATI8500-128

3D mark-03 = from 1118 now 1418

3D mark-01 = from 7330 now 7519