Catalyst 3.10

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Leaderz0rz, Dec 18, 2003.

1. Leaderz0rz

Leaderz0rz Wee

2. LeeJend

LeeJend Moderator

Hmmm, OpenGL shader support included.

Homeworld 2 working right maybe?

I'll post back with the results.

Update

:D
    Works flawlessly with Homeworld 2, including tab out capability. I think they finally got it right.

Also verified in BF1942 (panning was smoother) and Empire Earth.

WELL WORTH THE DOWNLOAD!

3. joshuajme

joshuajme Guest

Anybody know when the Omega version might be on its way? Ive also lost my link to the omega driver site, anybody got it handy?

4. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

the omega version should have been released already...

there was a leaked 3.10 floating round thats already been in use for a week or two...

5. TheBlueRaja

TheBlueRaja BR to Some

Actually Sazar the pre-release 3.10 IS NOT the same version as the ones released here. The drivers released here are actually a few versions on from the "hotfix" version released shortly after 3.9.

Just a FYI in case you decided not to download it because you might think you already had them.

6. Sazar

raja... they release about 6 odd drivers between each official release... I have no doubt there are going to be difference's

omega makes his drivers mixing and matching basically to find best performance/stability combination therefore if there is a leaked 3.10 based driver set prior to release of the official set he would have easily been able to come up with an omega set...

7. TheBlueRaja

TheBlueRaja BR to Some

Hey Sazar, no fair,
    I was only letting people know that the 3.10's are different from the Hotfix 3.9's becuase many people have claimed that they are the same version, just not WHQL'd.

Im wasnt even referring to the Omegas.

8. Sazar

:)

I was even in my prvious post :D

9. TheBlueRaja

TheBlueRaja BR to Some

I thought you were talking about the hotfix version when you said this, and the Omegas you were referring too were based on that version.

:D

10. Sazar

the hotfix was basically renaming the AIW components properly and fixing a CoD issue...

11. cryogenic

cryogenic OSNN Addict

12. Black-Syth

Black-Syth Comalies

I downloaded the Omegas. I don't like them, so I've got the 3.9s back in. Would I see a performance increase with the official 3.1s?

In addition, doesn't a higher number mean newer?

13. cryogenic

cryogenic OSNN Addict

Why is it that you don't like the Omegas? The only real difference between them and the official 3.10's is that Omega tweaks the default settings in the control panel and system registry (some registry keys don't have corresponding control panel controls) to improve performance and includes some extra applications as well. I've been using them for about 3-4 versions now on two computers in our house and have had good luck with them. Additionally, as far as version numbers goes ATI is being weird with them... They're taking the entire number after the decimal as a whole.. hence 10 is higher than 9.

14. Black-Syth

Black-Syth Comalies

I've actually noticed slowdown as opposed to the 3.9s. I lost about 1000 3dmarks.

15. LeeJend

LeeJend Moderator

Syth

I didn't benchmark the 3.10 vs the earlier releases but my panning in BF9142 seemed a little smoother and HW2, an OpenGL game, plays correctly now. I was stuck at 3.4 to play HW2.

Probably worth the download, definetly worth it if you do OpenGL games.