Castle Wolfenstein / ic sharin

R

Richai1

I am trying to play RTCW on a machine using internet connection sharing - the machine connects to the internet fine however when I request the server list in RTCW it says waiting for response from master server and doesnt retrieve a list of servers.

It used to work multiplayer but now it doesn't (after installing 1.3 patch). It works fine single player.

Incidentally the machine actually connecting to the internet 192.168.0.1 works fine with RTCW in multiplayer - the problem is just with a machine connecting to 192.168.0.1

Any suggestions?

Not somrthing I can check on right now, but would be interested to see if this is an issue as I will be under the same situation when I return to uni next week... The only thing I can think of is that they have changed the ports and they are being blocked somewhere ? Do you have the firewall enabled anywhere?

Sorted at last

Ok - probably a bit stupid of me but I have finally sorted it. Definately something to do with the firewall but not sure why Norton IS lets RTCW connect on one machine but not the other.
Anyway I reinstalled Norton IS and did not do the application scan but let it prompt me when each application wants to connect - seems to have done the job as multiplayer now works on all machines.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back