Case

It it generic? Sounds a bit too cheap if you ask me, price reflects quality ( often ) you get what you pay for. Get a nicer case, or if you can't now, save up :)

3 people reviewed it and all of them gave 5stars. it is generic but for cases it doesn't really mattter b/c its steel and plastic and stuff. lol...

It sucks.

1). There is inadequate air vent openings in the lower front. You will get poor flow through no matter how many fans you put in it.

2). The air grill in the back will screw up the airflow. Air will be pulled in that opening and get sucked right out the fan above it. No heat exchange with the rest of the case.

3). If you can get a case and power supply for $43 throw the PS away before it fry's your system! With power supplies you get what you pay for. Read the power supply reviews at www.tomshardware.com. They actually had some catch fire at rated load.

4). All those holes in the rear will let sound pass through. It will be a noisy case.

well then can you suggest me a cheap case thats beige with usb ports and powersupply and good airflow.....i was gonna get those antec aluminum ones but they odn't match my monitor, speakers, cdrw's, keyboard or mouse...

Originally posted by LeeJend
2). The air grill in the back will screw up the airflow. Air will be pulled in that opening and get sucked right out the fan above it. No heat exchange with the rest of the case.
all fans in the back should be blowing out, dude. always.

prod... that chieftech is good quality and everything... but it's big, heavy, and not very original at all.

you can get that first case (which looks just like compaq's older cases!). just cut out that grill in back so it doesn't restrict airflow, tape up those holes above the pci slots so air doesn't sneak in there and either mount a fan in the top or tape off those holes, too. if you're trying to save money, that's fine as long as you do a couple cheap things to make your case as efficient as possible.

Why not go back to new egg, look at enermax cases. You can get a case in many colors, that have a 350 P/S, alot of drive bays, and good cooling.In fact the one I use has a side window with fan, twoo rear fans and a top grille for a exhaust fan, plus a neon light inside. All that for US $58.00 plus $10 overnight shipping.

im not seeing any i like. well i liked the first one a lot. but like others said i guess i need a brand name...some things that i want now are...

beige case
side window *preferabbly blue lighting (that looks cool*
front usb and firewire ports...
atleast 350W PS

and all this under 100!

i found a case like mentioned but it was silver :(....they need to make more beige ones b/c people have beige CDROMS and Monitors!!!!!!

I recently bought the Antec Sonata case. I've had it for a couple of weeks and am extremely happy with it. Comes with a 380w PSU that is super silent. It's a great case, very smooth black finish, extra large fan and did I mention it's very quiet?

There's a whole bunch of reviews on google.
Cheap too. YOu can pick it up for $99.

i like the first one too, i dont see anything wrong with it at all. dont be swayed by what other people say, if your not modifying it, not overclocking and all that business, it doesnt matter. if its under the desk, it doesnt matter at all. dont think you need to be original. i noticed the price, obviously you want to save a few bucks. i spent 35 on my case for ebay, and still havent purchased a power supply. its ugly yes, but why do i care, i just need it to hold my hardware. "you dont have to be different, like everyone else."

from my experences with cases i would say that that sheap one u first found is a good one for the price and like dubstar said if you are not doing any overclocking with it or anything fancy then it is ok but i would trally watch our for that psu, it is cheap and you never know, you might just have some bad luck one day and yea u get the picture

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back