Case Mods ??

i anodized my computer.. but i dont have any pics :( it looks sooooooo hot

Originally posted by [CpK]Bastid
split loom easy way out:)

do it even cleaner...cable sleeving and heatshrink:)

Bastid,

What kind of heating element do you use with the heatshrink ?
Thats what I want inthe long run but the split loom is just a temp. fix.

What size of heatshrink is good for PSU wires ?

Thnx-

Don't use Heat Shrink. If you ever have to test wires you're gonna have to spit the tubing and you could nick or cut the wires inside. Split Loom is best, then just wrap some electrical tape (black or the color of the loom) every 6 inches. I use both every day in my work (Automotive Electronics and Computer Control Systems). You use Heat Shrink only if its gonna be permanent. If you are constantly messin with the inards of your Case then don't use Shrink Wrap. Plus you'll need a Heat Gun. Blow Drier works also.

Originally posted by gonaads
Don't use Heat Shrink. If you ever have to test wires you're gonna have to spit the tubing and you could nick or cut the wires inside. Split Loom is best, then just wrap some electrical tape (black or the color of the loom) every 6 inches. I use both every day in my work (Automotive Electronics and Computer Control Systems). You use Heat Shrink only if its gonna be permanent. If you are constantly messin with the inards of your Case then don't use Shrink Wrap. Plus you'll need a Heat Gun. Blow Drier works also.
good call, and guys. they all look really really nice. we need more pictures posted though....

i constantly take apart case thats how broke my two motherboards..lol

i cable sleeved/heatshrinked the psu wires and split loomed the main psu connector.....there is a lil amount of wire still showing before the molex.

alot neater than split loom ......and why does it have to be permanent?only so easy to slice it off:)

cwalker:

i used 1/2 inch heatshrink 3to1 ratio

i believe you could get away with using 1/4inch although i dont think it'll be able to make it over all the wires to the psu unit itself....electrice tape:)

gonaads:

if i have a lil bit exposed before the molex connector can i test wires then?because i didnt heatshrink all the way to the connectors...juss wonderin

The prob will Heat Shrink is and always has been the size to shrink factor. You need a size large enough to fit over the connectors then shrink down if the size is to large because of the connector/connectors then when it is shrunk it's all wrinkly and ugly. Unless your gonna take apart the connectors. Yeah if ya don't cover to the ends then no prob test away. But if you use split loom (there are lots of different diameters) you can loom it all together and branch off anywhere you like. And if done correctly looks better than Heat Shrink. Heat Shrink is basicaly used to protect connections and spices (in other words to armor the piece). Where as Split Loom is to make nice clean bundles and harnesses. Everyone does it differently. I've been using the stuff (both) for over 20 years. My Harnesses always look OEM made. Neat and tidy.

Also the slice off thing... If you use split Loom there is no "Slice it off". Just undo the tape that is holding the ends and spread it apart. They also make Heat Shrink Electrical Tape.

cwalker... you got the antec performance series server ? the sx 1040b?

I got the same case mate... so you cut the spaces out yourself wot?

looks good... I got 7 fans running right now... but I just bought the case... what temp does it run at ?

Yep thats the case, although the window/door is store bought because I screwed-up the original.

I have a AMD 1900XP i usually OC it @ 1630-1650
It runs anywhere from 45-48 degrees.

sazar

Originally posted by Sazar
cwalker... you got the antec performance series server ? the sx 1040b?

I got the same case mate... so you cut the spaces out yourself wot?

looks good... I got 7 fans running right now... but I just bought the case... what temp does it run at ?

Sazar I rigs are practically identical. Except I have 1,0 Gig PC2700 Corsair.

I love this computer as I am sure you love yours.
My girlfriend is giving me a hard time because I spend all of my time messin with it...

next project is to go to H2O cooling !!

Can someone give me suggestions as I know nothing about H2O cooling ??

CW

toms hardware did a video on it. if you screw anything up though, ex: bad connection. you loose almost everything.

gonaads did you make that avatar ??

If so, you got kung fu man....you got kung fu !

H2O cooling

I must admit I am a little worried about screwin things up with watercooling.

When I do something for the first time, if anything can go wrong..it will; hence the store-bought window/door on my case.

I know there are alot of tutorials out there, and I know this is something I must do.

What is the best CPU heatsink/fan I will get that for now..

Presently I have a SK-6 All copper with normalfan.

My CPU runs at 44-46, Id like it about 5-10 less.

and the guts with pseudo chrome split loom on main power line

and the antec triled fan

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back