Case Mods

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Jz1397-5, Jun 25, 2002.

1. Jz1397-5

Jz1397-5 XP Bad Ass

I just made this case mod, and wanted to know what all you crazy modders thought,
    POST YOURS, i want to see what you all do in your free time

2. Jz1397-5

Jz1397-5 XP Bad Ass

All llight up at night

3. xsivforce

xsivforce Prodigal Son Folding Team

Looking good Jz1397-4.
    In the process of doing more case mods. Will up some pics when done. ;)

4. Jz1397-5

Jz1397-5 XP Bad Ass

5. Friend of Bill

Friend of Bill What, me worry?

6. [CpK]Bastid

[CpK]Bastid Guest

nice window mod:)
    now u have to clean up those nasty power cables.....get some cable sleeves.....spiral wrap or split loom if youre lazy:)....

are you gonna do the top and the other side of the case too?

i cable sleeved all my psu connectors with this reflective cable sleeves fom heatshrink.com........definitely cleans it up alot...better airflow...so forth

if u do a top window u gotta do a dvd window mod too:)...easier than doing case window..go figure......i just added some lazer leds inside my dvd drive

i'll try to post pics.......dunno if i know how tho:)
    good luck on future mods:)

7. personally id rather take my money and build more computers..... or at least use it for something that would help performance

its like putting centerlines on a chevette but if you must at least clean up that rats nest - all the ones i built are harnessed neatly and i don't even show them off

8. Cosmin

Cosmin Graphic Designer

Looks wonderful but in my desk will be inefficient :(

9. exactly when you have cases lined up side by side windows are useless

10. Geffy

Geffy Moderator Folding Team

Quick question:
    I am getting a new Case (Cheiftec) and it will be black. The main prob I have is that my CD, DVD and floppy are all PC Beige.
    I know that I will need to remove the front covers of the drives. I can almost do this. (The DVD Drive I am not sure how to get the tray out. The CDRW drive has a removable front face to the tray.

But what should I use to paint the faces. Anyone know any distributors in the UK I can get the stuff from.

11. no but i have a network here that would put some small businesses to shame

12. xsivforce

xsivforce Prodigal Son Folding Team

A good automotive grade aerosol does a good job and is easy to match.

13. Jz1397-5

Jz1397-5 XP Bad Ass

It was my first mod, and i was kinda proud of it

14. Jz1397-5

Jz1397-5 XP Bad Ass

I usually mod one case, and then leave the rest alone. I have 4 others that are not modded, it was just something to do

15. [CpK]Bastid

[CpK]Bastid Guest

how boring:)

just kiddin.......i agree........but i did not make my computer all show no go:)

worked on the guts first...thats what counts right:) then started for the show.....pure asthetics.....no functionality:)........

16. Jz1397-5

Jz1397-5 XP Bad Ass

you are right. I made sure that I like the insides before I worked on the outside. I was only $18, not like I can buy much else with that. it is something to do, and if you are one of the people that like it, do it. When I take her to lan partieseveryone likes it.

17. i work too much , but i see your in pa.... i have a friend that has parties out lancaster/york way. that direction any?

18. da rock

da rock Guest

real nice 1st job!

19. Jz1397-5

Jz1397-5 XP Bad Ass

philadelphia which is close, what does he do? And just curious, what do you do? Building the window took an hour for me, i was suprised

20. Jz1397-5

Jz1397-5 XP Bad Ass

accualy, no. I used a jigsaw with a small steel bit. Worked faster. Cause the cut out does not need to be PERFECTLY straight, cause the rubber molding covers it up.