Case Modding Question/Help

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Maveric169, Feb 20, 2003.

1. Maveric169

Maveric169 The Voices Talk to Me

Quick question, i am going to paint my case next week, but after looking at the case I noticed that the entire fron panel of the case is using plastic rivets the rivets are actually part of the front of the case. Has anyone delt with this and if so how did you get arround it?

2. Zedric

Zedric NTFS Guru Folding Team

That could be a problem... You may have to strip the case down and take out all the parts and paint the bezel in place.

Also, make sure you do the proper work on the case before painting it, sanding and so on.

3. Maveric169

Ok, thanks for the reply. I was kinda thinking that I might. I just finished ordering about $300 worth of stuff from newegg and pcmods that I should get in about a week, And I want to try and do all my mods at the same time over the whole weekend. What are your thoughts on primer as far as painting? Should I use primer first or do you think it really doesn't make a difference?

4. Zedric

Zedric NTFS Guru Folding Team

Yes you need primer. I suggest you read this article: http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTU5
    Don't skip any steps in the preparation of the surface. The difference can be huge.

Don't hurry things, the paint needs time to dry. It may take more than a weekend for the painting alone.

5. gothic

gothic LinuXPert

I did a complete strip and paint job on my box over my Xmas break, and even tho' it took about five days to complete, going thru' all the steps thoroughly, it was definitely worth it!!

TonyO:cool:

6. Maveric169

Well now I am glad I asked, as I wasn't planning on using primer. That was a good read on how to paint a case. Thanks for the link!