Case for DFI board

sindustrial777

OSNN Addict
I'm thinking about getting this board
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813136009

and I will need a case to fit it. I looked at the dimensions of the board and apparently this case wont fit it even though I really want it!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811144151

Arg, well anyhow are the dimensions on the site true, or will it fit after all?
If not what are some good cases out there that will fit the 12" x 9.6" board

If you are suggesting a case here are my needs

-No need for included power supply
-Gotta have some cool lights
-Good air flow (which means it includes fans)

Thanks!

Tuniq 2 made by sunbeamtech...search google for reviews of it...it's what I'm going to use for my next build when the conroe desktop chips come out.

Wow that board has no serial and parallel ports. Must be finally getting to that point.

What makes you think the MB won't fit in your prefered case?
-Both have 7 slots.
-Both support the ATX standard.

Did the fact they have the height and width numbers reversed confuse you?
12 x 9.6 vs 11 x 12

From the Aspire site:
Main Board Standard ATX / Baby AT / Micro ATX

I also got blow ups from the 2 web sites and the mounting hole patterns match up exactly.

The board will fit the case.

I'd be a little worried about the Crossfire video cards hitting that chipset cooler on the MB. From what I've heard most of the crossfire cards are long. Check into it before commiting to the MB. The ram sticks are awfully close to the CPU cooler too. And they will be getting the hot air exhaust from the CPU cooler right on them.

Last edited:
Thanks guys, yeah since the initial posting of this thread I did a bit or research and found that it fits fine (as LeeJend siad) but I'll still look around a bit and check out some of the cases you guys suggested, thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back