Case Fans...

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by bpimpdaddy21, Sep 1, 2002.

1. bpimpdaddy21

bpimpdaddy21 Guest

I have a small problem, not really a big one, but I am not sure what to do here. I have a case fan (intake) on the front of my case, and two case fans on the rear of the case (exhaust). I have a blowhole in the top of my case also, but no fan installed. I have a fan laying around that I would like to put into my case. My question is is should I put the case fan in the case as intake? or exhaust? or just leave it out? I read somewhere that having too many exhaust fans causes like a vacuum that actually sucks in all the dust into your case, is this true? But could someone please help me out here, just want to get it all straightened out. Thanks.

2. bpimpdaddy21

bpimpdaddy21 Guest

i thought the same thing, but like I had mentioned, i read that it would create a vacuum and suck air and more dust in through any hole in the case? SO i am still kinda stuck here.

3. Smokie

Smokie A Proud Australian

Why not take one of the rear fans out and put it on the top blowhole as an exhaust.

That way you won't get the vacuum effect and as Catch23 said, the heat rises to the top. I have a top fan and it drags a lot of heat way from inside the top section of the case.

4. Gary Pandher

Gary Pandher Moderator

im guessing
    u kinda set up like this...guessin....
    _new_
    fan(ex)|
    | |
    fan(intake)
    | fan(intake
    ______
    lol......n u wanna put tha as the top?.....change the fans to how they are in the pic

5. Gary Pandher

Gary Pandher Moderator

wow.....tha turned out messed.......try this..

could have it like that...
    that way no vaccum effect..

show me a pick of how ur fans are currently...n we'll c what we can do

6. bpimpdaddy21

bpimpdaddy21 Guest

I read some guides online, and it seems that they have to say that the more exhaust the better, so I think that I am just going to put it to exhaust, but thanks guys for you help! I appreciate it

7. Gary Pandher

Gary Pandher Moderator

extake exhaust.....w/eeee........all the same.....i think....hehe
    no school man....im gettin lazy