Case and Power Supply Recomendations

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Athalonxp1800gu, Jun 27, 2002.

1. Hello I was just wondering since im building my first computer which case and power supply I should use. I plan on using an Amd Athalon XP1800 and the 817LR (pc chips) motherboard. Probably upgrade to a volcano fan, Ati Radeon 7000 graphic card...and probably just a pci128 sound card (onboard sound isn't that great right?) and the usual dvd and cdrw drives, and the 3.5 inch floppy and internal 250mb zip drive. Any helps greatly appreciated. Thanks
  2. Cupid_Stunt

Cupid_Stunt OSNN Addict

NW UK
    I cant recommend any case , there's so many out there and we dont know your budget.

As for power supply dont touch anything under 300 watts,
    if you intend to make any upgrades from your usuall stuff I would recomend looking for 400 watts..

Hope it helps a lil bit.

3. dijital

dijital Guest

i agree, it all depends upon your price range.

i agree with the 2nd point also, get at least a 400 watt PS. depending on how much hardware you'll have in your system, that extra power would definitely help.
  4. Well im pretty much a tightwod and preferably a mid to large size tower would be nice, thanks for the input
  5. UofEEE

UofEEE Guest

Namebrands: Enermax and can't beat em w/ a stick! :D
  6. UofEEE

UofEEE Guest bad!
  7. AKHeero

AKHeero Guest

I'd go with Chieftech/Antec also. I use those cases in almost every computer I build anymore.
  8. Dead post

LoL I didnt know my post could come back from the dead! :eek:
  9. AKHeero

AKHeero Guest

Sorry, my bad. Wasn't even paying attention to the date. *smacks head*
  10. We'll let it slide this time.....:p