cant see new HDD

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by canadian_divx, Mar 15, 2003.

1. canadian_divx

canadian_divx Canadian_divx

i installed a new WD 40gb drive as a secondary slave with my burner as primary and i cant see the HDD, when i first booted up in windows it said new hardware found and ready to use, in the system device manager i can see it there and get all info about it but in my computer i cant access the drive, HELP!!

2. XP Abuser

XP Abuser Guest

d00d you need to format it:)

3. canadian_divx

i cant get to the format part, i cant even see the drive to format it,

4. cant see hdd

if you are attaching a second hdd.. it must go onto the primary ide as a slave to your first hard drive...
    otherwise windows wont see it !!
    or so i was told by someone once !!!

5. XPerties

XPerties Guest

right click "my computer", explore, right click on the new drive and choose format. Choose ither NTFS or FAT. What ever your heart desires.

6. canadian_divx

here is my problem in a pic

i cant see the drive in my computer

7. XPerties

XPerties Guest

Re: cant see hdd

this is not true. You can make it a slave off a CD-Rom as he has done.

Sorry about first post, you replied as I replied. Have you double checked the jumpers? Also WD has a good install disk you can find on there site. Easiest to installing a HD in my option

8. canadian_divx

i checked the jumpers on both and hdd and the cdrw but i will head over to there site to get that installer thing

9. canadian_divx

10. XPerties

XPerties Guest

11. XPerties

XPerties Guest

12. GhaLeoN

GhaLeoN Guest

I have the exact same problem :(

13. canadian_divx

thanks you people for all the help on this one, it is now up and running, now to just fill it up LOL

14. LeeJend

LeeJend Moderator

Filling it up is easy. according to the guru's of computer system administration any time you double system capacity the new capacity will be consumed within 6 months.

I beleive. Doubled mine last Sept. and I started pruning to make room last night.