can't right click

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by mac1, Aug 21, 2007.

1. mac1

mac1 OSNN Addict

basically i can't left/right click on anything on the below toolbars.

I have 2 toolbars on vista's taskbar, "quick launch" & "computer".

my problem is when i try to left or right click on any shortcut in the "quick launch" or drive or folder or file in "computer" toolbar nothing happens. which means i cannot use them.

i have to go through windows explorer or my computer or the start menu which i think is very slow way of doing things.

any idea whats wrong and how to fix this

many thanks

ps: thanks for the birthday message from OSNN.:) at least you didn't forget. family's! nuff said.

2. omg its nlm

omg its nlm lvl 17 Hax Folding Team

Are you sure you are not confused and on your Mac?

Can you right click on the desktop fine?

BTW - If you use the search in the Start Menu it's very fast at opening things. Like if I want to open word. I just type word and enter and it opens.

3. X-Istence

X-Istence * Political User

nlm: He can't left click either, which is distinctly a Windows issue as well. Besides, right clicking on the OS X Dock will give you a context menu.

4. mac1

mac1 OSNN Addict

I think i have fixed the problem, i added a load of things to vista's "right click" menu using a program called "ShellToys", the version i have was for XP so maybe it's not made for Vista.
    I removed everything from the right click menu, rebooted and all is well now. will try adding things one at a time or maybe get a later version of ShellToys.

thanks anyway.