Can't open folder after format and reinstall

brocher

OSNN Senior Addict
I have just formatted my C drive and reinstalled. I have MY DOCUMENTS folder on a different drive , i moved the MY docs folder to the other drive and i cannot access on of the folders in it. It is probably one of the most important to me as it has my photo album of the kids on it.it just says access denied. and the properties say it is empty. Can anyone help me recover the pictures?????

As long as you got admin rights go into the security settings for the folder and take ownership of it. The security settings will be for the previous build of windows.

RickyC said:
As long as you got admin rights go into the security settings for the folder and take ownership of it. The security settings will be for the previous build of windows.

Right, I've had something similar happen and it was on account of the ownership rights set up in the previous Windows installation.

Ok i have managed to get my files back using PC Inspector but i can't delete the original folder, will i have to do this in safe mode?

brocher said:
Ok i have managed to get my files back using PC Inspector but i can't delete the original folder, will i have to do this in safe mode?

If you don't have access rights to the folder then I don't know think trying it in Safe Mode will make much difference. Have you given yourself ownership of the folder?

I can't get ownership of it as when i right click it then properties there is no security tab

If you have XP Home go to Microsoft & grab the Security Configuration Manager. It will add the security tab to the properties.

For that just go to tools / folder options / view / and in the very bottom take away use simple file shareing that brings the security tab

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back