cant instal office xp SP1

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by jkoXP, Aug 4, 2002.

1. jkoXP

jkoXP Guest

I get this error:
    error 1328 eror applying patch to file D:\config.msi\pta1.tmp

i've re-downloaded it a few times to see if the SP1 was actually corrupted. plus i tried installing the office xp on a diff pc too, same thing...

2. Gina1258

Gina1258 Guest

I had the same problem. If I remember correctly, I downloaded the sp1 (not from the update site) then I did a modification to it. I downloaded files to add to it. I burnt onto a cd.Then I was able to install it.Then if you go on the office update page and it comes up that you still don't have the sp1 installed, then you can download it and it will install. Alot of work but that's what you have to do.
    Sorry I don't have the link to get these files. Maybe you can do a search here or on www.google.com
    Gina

3. sboulema

sboulema Moderator

off topic: jkoXP where can i get that msn status icon?

4. jkoXP

jkoXP Guest

i'd answer, but looks like you have it now ;)

5. sboulema

sboulema Moderator

yes, just ignore me ;)

6. Iceman

Iceman Moderator

You probably have *cough* version of Office XP, you need to slipstream it, instructions on how to do that can be found:

Slipstream Office XP SP1

good luck

:cool:

7. jkoXP

jkoXP Guest

thanks, ill give it a try.....
    :D

8. Gina1258

Gina1258 Guest

yeah that's what I did. Thanks for the url....By the way, the link to download the exe file wasn't found. Here is an alternate site:
    http://www-pc.uni-regensburg.de/systemsw/OFFICE/XP/updates/oxpsp1a.exe

Remember when you run office update, it might come up that you don't have sp1 installed, even though you do. Just download it and install and it will say that you have it.
    Gina