Can't get nforce drivers to install in FC3

Discussion in 'Linux & BSD' started by cryogenic, Jan 17, 2005.

1. cryogenic

cryogenic OSNN Addict

So yeah, I'm running Fedora Core 3, kernel 2.6.10-1.737 and I cannot for the life of me get the nvidia nforce drivers to install... I download and run the NFORCE-Linux-x86-1.0-0292-pkg1.run and the installer runs... so I tell it to install the audio driver (don't need the eth driver) and it starts to compile it and then fails. I've checked the log file and I don't see anything that leads me to believe I'm missing anything required, but I can't tell. Anyone have any suggestions?

2. napalmnthemorning

napalmnthemorning Moderator

I could be way off here as I'm just getting to know Linux. Could the KNOPPIX Linux Live CD help. ?

3. cryogenic

cryogenic OSNN Addict

no, there'd be no reason for it to help... I can't get the nforce drivers to compile under my kernel at all.. I'm 99% certain I have all the pre-requisites installed, but for some reason I can't get them to work. It's rather frustrating to say the least. Thankfully I got software mixing working, so there's not as much of a need for them as there was before. I'll figure it out one of these days when it's absolutely necessary. :)