Can't drag and drop or copy and paste

steve1221

OSNN One Post Wonder
From what I believe are the after-effects of a virus, I am no longer able to drag and drop on my desktop or copy and paste. There are also a number of control panel icons that no longer work. I have made sure that the appropriate settings are turned on to allow these actions and I think there may be some corrupt files in Windows (I have 2000 pro).

A couple of months ago someone posted a reply to an ActiveX problem that involved going to start > run and typing something that would check for any missing/corrupt files in Windows (it then prompts you to insert the Windows CD). This post has since been removed and, of course, I didn't write it down.

If anyone knows what needs to be typed in the run box, I would GREATLY appreciate it -- I would love to avoid having to re-install.

Best,
Steve

Get a legit Windows 2000 pro CD and put it in your primary CD-Rom drive, then run the following:

sfc /scannow

replace all files it prompts you to reinstall.

Also make sure you have the latest service pack (Service Pack 4), and if you can, download it from another PC, burn it on CD and install it over your copy of Windows 2000 Pro that is corrupted. That would fix corrupted files too.

i think that might be the services, i didnt reeally read all the thread cuz my friend needs to use his pc, so that might be the blaster/sasser worm make sure u have the appropriate patches installed and a decent antivirus (i reccomend avg free edition)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back