Cant delete file!!??

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by A_Mersser, Feb 21, 2003.

1. A_Mersser

A_Mersser Guest

There is a file on my computer that I just cannot delete. Its says its being used by another process but I have restarted in safe mode and still couldnt delete it.
    Any help would certainly be appreciated!
  2. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Melbourne Australia
    See how this goes. If not let us know. There is more. :D

Just open NOTEPAD and then click on "OPEN". Navigate to the file in the little Notepad "explorer" window and right click on the file and delete it. Supposedly that's will do it. by allan
  3. muzikool

muzikool Act your wage. Political User

Yeah, this happens with .avi files a lot... very annoying. Do what Hipster Doofus says, but if that doesn't work, then try some other programs and you should be able to get rid of it. I usually use VirtualDub or DivFix to delete the files that won't go away.
  4. koko

koko Got Root?

Columbia, S.C.
    i had this exact same problem a few weeks back. turns out, some app was "using" the file. i rebooted, right-clicked the sneaky bastige and deleted it.

try a reboot, shut down all unnecessary apps and then try deleting it.
  5. syn

syn long live xp0!

College Park, MD
    hey, do you use anything like daemon tools? its a possibility that your xvid is still mounted, if you do, then you know what the problem is
  6. lechtard

lechtard Guest

Did you go in safe mode as admin ???
  7. JJH35

JJH35 OSNN Addict

go to task manager and make sure the little ******* doesnt have somethin runnin that its connected to that u dont know about (ctrl+alt+del)