Can't add printer

q12368c

OSNN Addict
When I trying to add other user's printer '\\computer\printer-name' (which is connect to other Windows XP PC's USB port)

“The specified print monitor is unknown”

Any expert can help me?

Thank a lot.

Is the printer shared? If so then use browse for printer and add it that way

the printer is sure shared. other computer (XP as OS) can added successfully. but the Vista (Business) can't.

Can you browse shared file from the XP if your on the Vista? Can the Vista see the XP machine and open its shares?

I want to know if you can browse files on the XP machine from within Vista?

If that is the case then the add printer should be easy , what make and model is it? Are there Vista drivers for the printer?

If you put the printer on the Vista machine could you share it out to the windows xp ?

The printer is HP 1320.
The printer driver is already install on the Vista.

Do you have the drivers for Vista installed on the server that you are sharing the printer out from? You need to select which drivers to include/share.

what happens if you type in \\xp-machine\shared printer name?

I'm trying to establish that it can't be seen even by normally networking to it instead of going through the print wizard.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back